Learning and Skills Teacher Level 5 Apprenticeship
Learning and Skills Teachers are responsible for planning and delivering learning that is current, relevant and challenging, inspiring learners to engage and achieve their full potential.
This recently introduced Level 5 apprenticeship has been designed by the sector and we are establishing ourselves as a national provider for this standard. Funded by the levy, participants will develop outstanding professional practice under the support and guidance of our expert trainers and coaches.
At the heart of our programme is the commitment to creating the dual professional. For industry experts who are starting second careers as teachers, our Level 5 programme provides a deep learning experience that equips them with the knowledge and skills to be highly effective teachers.
Participants will typically be vocational specialists relatively new to the teaching profession. The programme is delivered over two years, at which point they will be assessed against nine themes.
Duration: 24 months with 8-week window for the End-Point Assessment.
Benefits for employers:
- Invest in your teachers whilst utilising your levy
- Drive high quality professional practice
- Achieve your quality improvement objectives
- Build your talent pipeline
Benefits for apprentices:
- Expert and sector leading teaching and instruction
- Supportive and individual coaching and mentoring
- Being part of a national community of practice for new teachers
Through nine assessment themes, the programme will aid the development of a high-performing workforce. The themes show how the specific skills, knowledge and behaviours criteria, within the standard, underpin the 9 thematic (synoptic) aspects of the Learning and Skills Teacher role.
These themes are driven by government policy, Ofsted expectations and evidence-based practice. They inform the structure of the synoptic End-Point Assessment and, in particular but not exclusively, the Thematic Case Study and Teaching Observations.
Teachers and employers will need to consider how to integrate these 9 themes in all aspects of on-programme development and formative assessment.
All participants will benefit from an interesting and challenging programme, delivered by experts in their field. Experienced teacher trainers, current Ofsted inspectors and industry coaches, they will bring their experience and skills to the programme, delivering a high-quality pathway of learning and study. In addition, each candidate will receive individual coaching and mentoring through the programme, including observations of their practice and developmental feedback.
Our delivery model is adapted to your needs. We can offer weekly face-to-face training delivered in your locality, modular online learning, or web-based virtual training supported by periodic attendance at conference events. Whatever mode of delivery, we ensure the programme delivers the knowledge, skills and behaviours integral to this rigorous Level 5 standard.
Individual employers may set any entry requirements, but these may typically include:
- Competence in vocational and/or specialist subject at an appropriate level
- Confirmation of current vocational/specialist subject knowledge
- Up to date knowledge of workplace practice
- A willingness to continue to develop personal ICT skills to a level in-line with the LST role
- Reference to the Education and Training Foundation’s (2016) Minimum Core Guidance, and any subsequent updates.
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end point assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement the apprenticeship’s English and maths minimum requirement is Entry Level 3 and British Sign Language qualification is an alternative to English qualifications for whom this is their primary language.
Progression: QTLS | Top-up degree
Get in touch
For more information or to book an informal chat with one of our coaches contact us.