Quality Practitioner Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard
About the Apprenticeship
Through times of continuous change, a strong quality infrastructure is a powerful way to hold an organisation together against a tidal wave of restructuring, funding cuts, change in policy, new initiatives and changes in the Education Inspection Framework, to name just a few.
Training providers are under increasing pressure to deliver a business that not only meets the needs of its stakeholders but is financially sound. This results in organisations having to revise their quality strategy to take these factors into account. Not only will a quality practitioner need to measure performance, there is also an increasing expectation that delivery across functions is lean and value for money.
This occupation of Quality Practitioner is found in both public and private industries to ensure that organisations fulfil the requirements of their customers and other stakeholders. A fully competent Quality Practitioner can work in a wide range of organisations (from multi-nationals to SMEs), including automotive, defence, food, pharmaceutical, nuclear, retail, financial services, logistics services, public sector and government.
What will I achieve?
The duration of this Apprenticeship is around 14 months, excluding the 8 week window for the End-Point Assessment.
To qualify as a fully competent Quality Practitioner you will be able to demonstrate an understanding of all areas within your operating environment and the factors that influence it’s direction and performance, including curriculum efficiency, funding and finance.
This Apprenticeship Standard includes;
- Actively seeking new methods and tools to convert quality requirements into performance measures objectives, such as Critical to Quality Trees, matrices, etc.
- Developing knowledge and skills on risk and opportunity management, including the risk and opportunity management principles framework and processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to promote the right behaviours to create a quality culture in an education environment and how this leads to improved high performance.
- Understanding the key principles of the foundation of Quality and Quality Management Systems used in education and wider sectors.
A fully competent Quality Practitioner will deploy effective quality practices in their area of responsibility to ensure their organisation fulfils the contractual and regulatory requirements of learners and other key stakeholders.
What will I learn?
The Level 4 Quality Practitioner Standard is designed to develop and improve the implementation and impact of sound quality practices.
By developing best practice behaviours you will be able to :
- Actively promote best practice and continuous improvement
- Operate diligently with professionalism considering a wider picture
- Act with integrity by being open and honest
- Always put the learner at the heart of every task.
Over the course of the apprenticeship, you will develop a range of knowledge, skills and behaviours which will help you to achieve the standard at end-point assessment.
You will learn :
- How to contribute to the formulation of the quality strategy
- The management of learner and employer satisfaction activities
- Deployment of quality policies and governance
- How to guide teams to improve quality, competence and performance
- To plan and conduct audits and other assurance activities
- How to develop quality control plans for outstanding practice
- To provide guidance on the use of methods and tools to improve quality performance.
- To solve problems such as non-conformance and overcoming challenges
- Effective application of quality risk management and mitigation
You will also seek continuous professional development opportunities such as self-reflection, gathering information, producing personal development plans and keeping up to date on sector and organisation regulation.
Support from your Employer
Your employer should support you in achieving your apprenticeship standard. This support is given in a number of ways;
- Releasing you from your normal working hours to carry out the required 20% off-the-job training for the duration of your apprenticeship
- Allocate a work-place mentor to guide and support you whilst you are on programme
- Attend your review sessions to give feedback on your progress throughout the apprenticeship
- Ensure that you have access to relevant resources such as a library or learning resource centre
- Provide you with opportunities to practice new skills in your work environment
- Agree with you when you feel you are ready to undertake the End-Point Assessment
In order to be entered into the End-Point Assessment you will need to:
- Achieve the minimum time duration for the Standard (typically 14 months)
- Agree with your employer that you are ready to proceed beyond the Gateway, based on completion of all on-programme requirements
- Be ready to prepare for submission to the End-Point Assessment Organisation a thematic case study which addresses all the knowledge, skills and behaviour criteria, and which is structured to describe exemplary practice relating to the nine assessment themes
- Prepare a recorded online presentation for submission to the End-Point Assessment Organisation
- Have achieved Level 2 in English and maths
The End-Point Assessment takes place when you have completed all of the on-programme learning and you have agreed with your employer that you are ready to complete your apprenticeship in the role of Quality Practitioner.
Over the duration of your apprenticeship you will build a portfolio of evidence to Level 4 standard which will demonstrate your professional competence in your role.
You will present a work-based project and presentation which demonstrates an impact on quality in a specified area. This will be followed by a professional discussion.
The work-based project is designed to ensure your work meets the needs of your organisation and is relevant to your role. This method will demonstrate your professional competence, will contribute to an area of improvement and will be part of your everyday role. It will b a significant and complex piece of work that thoroughly tests both higher and lower order of knowledge and skills.
The presentation will be based on your work-based project and should articulate the outcomes of the project, the project tools used and how risks were mitigated to ensure the required outcomes. It will also be specific on the challenges of the project and give an explanation of how and why specific techniques had been selected.
Throughout your apprenticeship programme you will be supported by specialist coaches who will work with you to the End-Point Assessment. They will provide the training and guidance needed to help you achieve your apprenticeship.
You should be employed in a quality role and be responsible for all aspects of quality in your area of responsibility. This responsibility will be discharged through engagement with those accountable for delivery or services in order to meet Key Performance Indicators.
Individuals will be responsible for providing Quality duties within the following key areas:
- Support senior Quality Practitioner and Leaders to formulate Quality Strategy
- Contribute to the management of customer satisfaction and supplier performance
- Deploy Quality Policies and Governance
- Guide and support others to improve quality competency and performance
- Plan and Conduct Audits and other assurance activities
- Develop Quality Control Plans for products/service
- Provide guidance on use of methods/tools to improve quality performance
- Solving Quality problems such as non-conformances, and overcoming challenges to the implementation of solutions
- Effective application of quality risk management and mitigation to drive new products/services development
You should also have, or be working towards, L2 in English and maths and will need to have achieved this prior to End-Point Assessment
The standard aligns with the following professional recognition:
- Chartered Quality Institute
Get in touch
For more information or to book an informal chat with one of our coaches contact us.